|Job Type:||1st Job|
'"Fire at will!"
Archers are adept at long range combat, and use it almost exclusively. Gifted with high accuracy and excellent damage, archers are arguably one of the fastest first job classes to level up in Ragnarok,
Jobchange Guide Edit
1. Go to the Archer Guild located at the upper right corner of the Archer Village in Payon. (From Payon City, go to the upper right portal to reach Archer Village). Talk to the Archer Guildsman. You will be told to collect trunks from monsters. You need to collect enough trunks to gain 25 points to pass the exam. Trunks can be found on the map south of Payon, pay_fild01, from the Willow monster. Take note that there is a similar monster, the dark colored Elder Willow, which only drops Trunks, and is far far stronger than a regular Willow.
2. Give the trunks to the Archer Guildsman to change your job. You will also be given a Bow  and 100 Arrows.
- TIP: If you have another character, collect some trunks beforehand, and bring them when you go to the Archer Guildsman. You only need to talk to the NPC twice to jobchange.
- Str: Increases Weight Limit and carrying capacity. Most archers ignore this stat, especially if the he/she does not plan to change jobs.
- Int: Allows archers to use skills more often. Archers have a fairly low SP total, and this stat is usually ignored during the early levels in favor of raising Dex. However, players who wish to reach 99 faster have moderate amounts of Int to allow for Double Strafe spamming.
- Vit: Most archers ignore this stat, but allow a few points for added survivability in case they get attacked.
- Agi: Usually an archer's secondary stat. Raises attack speed and flee. Most archers have very low HP and prefer increasing their dodge. Improve Concentration's bonus is based on the total Agi the archer has, and the higher the Agi, the higher the bonus.
- Dex: An archer's primary stat. Moderate to high amounts of dexterity early on allows archers to efficiently hit targets while increasing their damage. Bow damage increases per increments of 10 Dex.
- Luck: Usually ignored unless the archer plans to change jobs as a Hunter or Bard/Dancer.
Since the Archer has only 5 skills it is possible to master nearly all of the skills. Because of this, there are really only 2 builds recommended for the Archer.
Archers need to do some quests in order to obtain the following skills:
Job Bonus Edit
See Also Edit